DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
With this Data Privacy Statement, we, as the party responsible for data processing pursuant to the provisions of the regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR), are informing you about the nature, extent and purpose of the processing of personal data in connection with our offer.
1. "Personal information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; a natural person is regarded as identifiable when said natural person can be identified directly or indirectly, particularly through association with an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more special features which are the expression of the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of said natural person;
2. "Processing" means any process performed with or without the aid of automated procedures or any such series of procedures relating to personal data, such as collecting, recording, organising, arranging, storing, adapting or modifying, selecting, retrieving, use, disclosure through transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, matching or linking, restriction, deletion or destruction;
3. The "responsible party" or "party responsible" means the natural or legal person, public authority, institution or body which, alone or together with others, decides upon the purposes and means of processing personal data; if the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union law or the law of the Member States, the responsible party or the specific criteria for appointing the responsible party may be stipulated under Union or national law;
4. A "recipient" is a natural or legal person, public authority, institution or other entity to whom or to which personal data is disclosed, regardless of whether this involves a third party. However, public authorities which might receive personal data under Union or national law in connection with a particular inspection request are not considered to be recipients; the processing of such data by the said public authorities occurs in accordance with the applicable data protection rules pursuant to the purposes of the processing;
II. General information
1. Party responsible for data processing
Paul Jaeger GmbH & Co. KG
Tel. 0049-(0) 7141-24 44-0
Fax 0049-(0) 7141 24 44 44
2. Contact information of the company's Data Protection Officer
Paul Jaeger GmbH & Co. KG
Tel. 0049-(0) 7141-24 44-20
3. Legal basis
We process personal data according to at least one of the following legal bases:
- consent of the data subject to the processing of personal data concerning him for one or more specific purposes (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR);
- fulfilment of a contract with the person concerned or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, which are carried out at the request of the data subject (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR);
- fulfilment of a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR);
- to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. d GDPR);
- to protect our legitimate interests or those of a third party (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 GDPR)
In this Data Privacy Statement, we refer below to the respective legal basis of individual processing operations.
4. Transfer of data to recipients
We only share personal data with recipients (order processors or other third parties) to the extent necessary and only under one of the following conditions:
- The data subject has consented to the transfer;
- The transfer serves the fulfilment of contractual obligations or pre-contractual measures at the instigation of the data subject;
- We are legally obliged to conduct the disclosure;
- The disclosure is based upon legitimate interests of ours or of a third party.
5. Third countries
The transfer of personal data to a country or an international organisation outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) is subject to statutory or contractual permissions only under the conditions set out in Art. 44 et seqq. GDPR. This means that, for the respective country, either a decision regarding suitability by the EU Commission pursuant to Art. 45 GDPR, suitable safeguards for data protection pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR or binding internal data protection regulations pursuant to Art. 47 GDPR exist.
6. The rights of the concerned individual
As the concerned individual, you have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, you may request information about your personal data which is processed by us; you may also request information regarding the processing purposes, the categories of processed personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your information has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period and/or the criteria for determining the retention period, the origin of your data if your data was not collected from you, the existence of automated decision-making processes (including profiling) and, when appropriate, meaningful information about the details of said data, such as the respective logic, scope and implications, the right to the rectification or deletion of your data, the right to the restriction of the processing or objection to such processing, the existence of a right of objection to the supervisory authority; finally, you have a right to know whether personal data has been transmitted to a third country or to an international organisation and, if so, what the appropriate safeguards are that are associated with the transfer;
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you may demand the immediate correction of incorrect personal data of yours which is stored with us or the completion of your personal data which is stored with us;
- Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you may request the deletion of your personal data which is stored by us unless the processing is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, you may demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you reject the deletion of the data and we no longer need it, the data that is no longer required by us is required by you for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR but it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate reasons for the data processing outweigh your interests;
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, you may request either that the personal data you have provided to us be transferred in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or that said data be transmitted to another responsible individual;
- Pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, you may object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so that arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertisement and the legal basis for the processing of the personal data is legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR;
- Pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, you may at any time revoke the consent that you have given to us. As a result, we shall not be permitted in the future to continue the data processing which is based upon this consent;
- Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you may file a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority that is responsible for the location of your usual residence, work or office.
If you would like to assert the above data subject rights, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact information above.
7. Deletion and restriction of personal data
Unless otherwise stipulated in this Data Privacy Statement, personal data will be deleted if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if the data is processed in another manner and the deletion is not contrary to statutory storage requirements. In addition, we will be glad to honour requests to delete the personal data processed by us pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR if the conditions stipulated there are met. If personal data is required for other legally permissible purposes, the data will not be deleted, but its processing will be restricted pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR. In the case of restriction, the data will not be processed for any other purposes. This applies, for example, to personal data that has to be retained by us for commercial or tax law reasons. For example, documents pursuant to Section 257 para. 1 Nos. 2 and 3 HGB [German Commercial Code] as well as Section 147 para. 1 Nos. 2, 3, 5 AO [German Fiscal Law] will be stored for 6 years, and documents pursuant to Section 257 para. 1 Nos. 1 and 4 HGB and Section 147 para. 1 No. 1, 4, 4a AO will be stored for 10 years.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specific period of time in order to improve usability as well as to statistically evaluate the use of our offer. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognise that you have been with us earlier, and what inputs and settings you have made so that you do not need to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the mentioned purposes of protecting our resulting legitimate interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
III. Individual processing operations
To provide our offer, we use the services of hosting companies, e.g. the provision of web servers, disk space, database services, as well as security and maintenance services.
In doing so, we or our hosting provider process personal data of users of our offer based upon our legitimate interests in an efficient and secure provision of this online offer pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
2. Access data and log files
When you access our offer or the individual webpages, information is automatically sent to the server of our offer by the browser on your end device. This information is stored in so-called log files by us or our hosting provider.
The following information is stored:
- the IP address of the requesting computer,
- the date and time of access,
- the name and URL of the retrieved file,
- the website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- the browser used and (if some cases) the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
This data is processed for the following purposes:
- Provision of the offer, including all functions and contents
- Ensuring a smooth connection establishment of the offer,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our offer,
- Ensuring system security and stability
- Anonymised statistical evaluation of the access
- Optimisation of the offer
- Disclosure to law enforcement authorities in the event of unlawful interference/attack on our systems
- Further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the above data collection purposes. We never use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about a person.
3. Contact form
If you use the contact form, you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address so that we can get in personal contact with you. Further information can be provided voluntarily. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us and our answering your request occurs pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily granted consent. All personal data collected in connection with the contact form will be deleted after your request has been processed unless storage is required for the documentation of other processes (e.g. subsequent contract conclusion).
4. E-mail advertising to customers
If you are our customer and we have received your e-mail address in connection with the sale of a good or service, we may use your e-mail address for direct marketing of our own similar goods or services. This only applies if you have not submitted an objection in this regard and if we have clearly mentioned the option of objection when we collect the e-mail address as well as every time it is used. The legal basis of the processing is our legitimate interest in direct marketing pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If you would like to receive our newsletter, we will need your e-mail address. The data processing for the purpose of sending the newsletter takes place pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent by means of the so-called double opt-in procedure. The e-mail address will be used and stored for this purpose until you revoke your consent or unsubscribe from the newsletter. Unsubscribing is possible at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe/send your revocation at any time to the e-mail address stated under Item I.
6. Comments and postings
If you leave comments or other postings on our offer, your e-mail and IP address will be saved based upon our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Further information can be provided voluntarily. The purpose of storing your e-mail address is to contact you regarding your comments or postings, to pass on to you any complaints regarding them, as well as to ask you for a reaction in this regard, if applicable. It is not possible to use the comment function without specifying your e-mail address. The specified e-mail address will be saved but will not be published with the comment.
Our legitimate interest in retrieving and storing your e-mail address is in security aspects, e.g. in the event that someone includes unlawful content in comments and postings (such as insults). In this case, we could be sued for the comment or posting ourselves and therefore have a legitimate interest in storing the IP address. This collected personal data is only disclosed to law enforcement authorities in cases of criminal investigations. No other transfer to third parties will take place.
You have the possibility to register on our offer by providing personal data. Registration is voluntary and takes place pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily granted consent. Which personal data is transmitted in this case results from the respective input mask which is used for the registration. The collected personal data will be used for the purposes of our offer as well as for making contact regarding information that is relevant for the offer and for registration. You can view your personal data and make changes to this data through a personal user account. Your data will be stored until you delete the user account or instruct us to delete your data. If we are obliged to retain your personal data due to statutory retention periods, particularly tax and commercial law, the processing of your personal data will be restricted accordingly until the expiration of the retention periods; then, this data will be deleted.
If you register for our offer or use the user account, your IP address and the time of the respective use will be saved. The storage takes place on the basis of our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR for the provision of our offer. The storage is also in your interest in that is protects you from misuse and other unauthorised use. This data is not transferred to third parties unless it is required to fulfil contractual obligations pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR or for the prosecution of any claims to which we are entitled or there is a statutory obligation in this regard pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR.
IV. Statistics and analysis
1. Matomo (formerly Piwik)
This offer uses the open-source software Motomo (https://matomo.org/). Matomo collects data about the visits of the users of our offer. The purpose of this data is to ensure that the design is tailored to requirements as well as to ensure the ongoing optimisation of our offer, to measure the success of marketing measures and to produce statistical evaluations. The legal basis is our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The information is not disclosed to third parties and the IP address is never associated with other data concerning the user. The IP addresses are anonymised, so an assignment is not possible.
If you do not want Matomo to process visitor data from you, you can prevent this with an opt-out cookie from Matomo. This cookie ensures that no visitor data from your browser is processed by Matomo in the future: LINK [CP3] Attention: If you delete your cookies, this also means that the opt-out cookie will also be deleted and may have to be re-activated by you. For more information about how Matomo handles your personal information, see Matomo's Data Privacy Statement: matomo.org/privacy-policy/
V. Google's services
The provider of the following services of Google is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereafter "Google").
The legal basis for the use of the following services of Google is our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Google has joined the EU/US Privacy Shield Agreement, is therefore committed to upholding European privacy and therefore fulfils EU requirements for legitimising the transfer of personal data to the USA. For information about Google's commitment, visit
For more information about how Google handles your personal information, please see the Google Data Privacy Statement: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/. For information about Google's use of data for advertising purposes, as well as options regarding settings and objections, please see the following webpages: www.google.de/policies/privacy/partners/
2. Demographic characteristics and Google Analytics
This offer uses the "demographic characteristics" function as part of Google Analytics. As a result, reports can be produced that contain information about the age, gender and interests of our site visitors. This data results from interest-based advertising by Google as well as third-party visitor data. This data cannot be assigned to a specific person. The legal basis for the use of the following services of Google is our legitimate interests in optimising our offer and marketing it optimally pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
You can disable this feature at any time through the ad settings in your Google account or generally prohibit the collection of your data by Google Analytics as outlined in the section "Objection to data collection".
3. Google Web Fonts
This offer uses external fonts of Google, so-called webfonts, to display fonts. For this purpose, your browser loads the required web font into the browser cache when you visit the website. If your browser does not support this function, a standard font will be used by your computer to display the website. This service records your IP address, which of our webpages you have visited and, if applicable, further data required by Google for the provision of the web fonts. The generated information about your use of this website is stored on a server in the USA. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of us or Google.
4. Google Maps
This offer includes content from Google's platform YouTube. The purpose is the display of content of the platform YouTube in our offer. This service collects your IP address and, if applicable, additional data Google may need for YouTube. The generated information about your use of this offer is stored on a server in the USA. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of us or Google.
VI. Social media plug-ins
We use social media plug-ins from social networks as part of our offer. If a page of our offer is retrieved with such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection with the server of the respective provider, whereby the respective provider receives knowledge regarding which page of our offer was retrieved and from which IP address. The same applies to the actuation of the component, e.g. liking or sharing content or commenting on a post. The above is independent of whether you click on or otherwise use the component in question. If you are simultaneously logged in to the respective provider in its social network, the respective provider can assign the visit to the page of our offer directly to the respective user account there. If you click on the button of the respective plug-in, appropriate information will be transmitted to the respective provider and published there as a posting in the profile of its social network. If you do not want providers to be able to associate the data collected on our offer to your respective user account with the provider, you first have to log out of the corresponding social network. The purpose of the plug-ins is to make our offer more-well known as well as to share content from our offer in social networks. Our legitimate interest lies in making our offer more well-known. The legal basis for the use of the following social media plug-ins is our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
1. Google+ Button
Our offer uses the Google+ plug-in. The provider is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereafter "Google"). The plug-in is recognisable by the Google+ logo. In this context, your IP address, which of our websites you have visited, and, if applicable, additional data that Google can determine in connection with the connection will be recorded. If you have a Google account, Google also allows you to assign the visit to your Google account. The recorded information is stored on a server in the USA. Google has joined the EU/US Privacy Shield Agreement and therefore fulfils EU requirements for legitimising the transfer of personal data to the USA. Information about the safeguards of the EU/US PrivacyShield can be found at: www.privacyshield.gov/participant. For more information about how Google handles your personal information, please see the Google Data Privacy Statement: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/
2. Pinterest Pin it button
Our offer uses the "Pin it" button of Pinterest. The provider is Pinterest Inc, 808 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA or Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter "Pinterest"). In this context, your IP address, which of our websites you have visited, and, if applicable, additional data that Pinterest can determine in connection with the connection will be recorded. If you have a Pinterest account, Pinterest is also able to assign the visit to your Pinterest account. The generated information about your use of this website is stored on a server of Pinterest in the USA. A transmission to servers in the USA is also possible as part of this process. For more information about how Pinterest handles your personal information, please see the Pinterest Data Privacy Statement: policy.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy
3. Facebook plug-ins
On our website, we use functions of the social network Facebook. Facebook enables participants in the social network to communicate and interact, to share opinions and experiences or to publish information. The provider of the platform is Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. The processing of personal data of individuals in the EU is the responsibility of Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Facebook has joined the EU/US Privacy Shield Agreement, is therefore committed to upholding European privacy and therefore fulfils EU requirements for legitimising the transfer of personal data to the USA. For information about Facebook's commitment, visit
For information about the collection, processing and use of personal data by Facebook, please refer to the data policy available at www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update. There, you can also find settings options for protecting your privacy as well as methods for preventing the transfer of data to Facebook. For an overview of the available Facebook plug-ins, please see developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
The use of Facebook plug-ins enables us to make our offer more well-known as well as to advertise our services in an appropriate manner. The legal basis for the use of Facebook plug-ins is our legitimate interests in the above-mentioned purposes pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.